This fall we are excited to offer a new professional learning opportunity, Cultivating a Growth Mindset, for Southern California Community Colleges (training will be repeated Fall 2015 for Northern California Community Colleges).
Mindset trainers, Mary Jo Apigo (West LA college) and Miguel Powers (Fullerton College) will deliver training to six college teams, representing 17 different disciplines, from:
- College of the Canyons
- Fullerton College
- Glendale College
- Irvine Valley College
- LA Pierce College
- LA Southwest College
- Santa Barbara City College
- West LA College
The professional learning opportunity provides:
- Mindset training sessions on August 15, September 19, and October 10 (2014) at locations in Southern California.
- Expert facilitation and modeling of Growth Mindset activities for the classroom.
- Interactive opportunities to practice activities, generate ideas for classroom applications and ask questions.
- Opportunities to pilot and report on six 20-minute Growth Mindset activities within their respective target classes.
- Collection of data (both student and faculty) to assess the impact of Growth Mindset activities.